Blooming Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional parsley flakes
- Sesame seeds
- 1. Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Adjust length of each breadstick to 6 in. For each flower, cut one breadstick into 1-in. pieces and another breadstick into one 4-in. piece and two 1-in. pieces.
- 2. For stem, twist 4-in. piece twice and place on a greased baking sheet. For leaves, pinch one end of two 1-in. pieces; place on each side of stem and pinch to seal. Roll one 1-in. piece into a ball; place 1 in. above stem for flower center. For petals, pinch one end of remaining five pieces; position with sides touching flower center and other petals.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush over dough. Sprinkle additional parsley on stem and leaves. Sprinkle sesame seeds on flower center. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 215 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Blooming Breadsticks
"A clever styling of breadsticks into 'flowers' for a Spring Celebratory Meal."