Blooming Breadsticks Recipe
Take advantage of convenient refrigerated breadsticks to fashion these fuss-free flowers. A speedy seasoning gives them a boost of herb garden flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional parsley flakes
- Sesame seeds
- 1. Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Adjust length of each breadstick to 6 in. For each flower, cut one breadstick into 1-in. pieces and another breadstick into one 4-in. piece and two 1-in. pieces.
- 2. For stem, twist 4-in. piece twice and place on a greased baking sheet. For leaves, pinch one end of two 1-in. pieces; place on each side of stem and pinch to seal. Roll one 1-in. piece into a ball; place 1 in. above stem for flower center. For petals, pinch one end of remaining five pieces; position with sides touching flower center and other petals.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush over dough. Sprinkle additional parsley on stem and leaves. Sprinkle sesame seeds on flower center. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC