Take advantage of convenient refrigerated breadsticks to fashion these fuss-free flowers. A speedy seasoning gives them a boost of herb garden flavor.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional parsley flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Adjust length of each breadstick to 6 in. For each flower, cut one breadstick into 1-in. pieces and another breadstick into one 4-in. piece and two 1-in. pieces.
- For stem, twist 4-in. piece twice and place on a greased baking sheet. For leaves, pinch one end of two 1-in. pieces; place on each side of stem and pinch to seal. Roll one 1-in. piece into a ball; place 1 in. above stem for flower center. For petals, pinch one end of remaining five pieces; position with sides touching flower center and other petals.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush over dough. Sprinkle additional parsley on stem and leaves. Sprinkle sesame seeds on flower center. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blooming Breadsticks in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p59
Reviews for Blooming Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2012
"A clever styling of breadsticks into 'flowers' for a Spring Celebratory Meal."