Horseradish makes this Bloody Mary special. Without the horseradish, you'll have a more traditional drink, and without the alcohol, you'll have a Virgin Mary. Serve with a stalk of celery, dill pickle spear or even green olives.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: Most Devilish Eggs Ever
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, divided
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 cup tomato juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES:
- Celery rib, pickle spear, green and ripe olives, cucumber slice and/or cocktail shrimp
- Using water, moisten rim of a highball glass. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon celery salt on a small plate; dip rim into salt. Discard remaining celery salt mixture from plate. Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Place remaining ice in prepared glass.
- Add vodka, juices, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish if desired, pepper, remaining celery salt and pepper sauce to shaker; cover and shake until condensation forms on exterior, 10-15 seconds. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish as desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Bloody Mary in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2007
Reviews for Bloody Mary
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014