- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bottle (33.8 ounces) spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 7-1/2 cups)
- Additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes. Soup will be chunky. Serve immediately with additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. If desired, add olives to resemble eyes. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Bloody Mary Soup in Taste of Home September/October 2016, p45
Reviews for Bloody Mary Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2016
"This soup was fantastic. I slightly reduced the salt and added a can of cannellini beans. Next time I'll add two cans of beans (drained and rinsed). It was spicy and made a huge amount--I froze some of the leftovers"