Bloody-Mary Seafood Cocktail
When planning impromptu parties, I rely on this recipe. After a quick stop at the supermarket, I can create an hors d'oeuvre that both impresses and pleases.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Chill until
- serving. Just before serving, stir in avocado. Yield: 14 servings
- (1/2 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 182 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.