When planning impromptu parties, I rely on this recipe. After a quick stop at the supermarket, I can create an hors d'oeuvre that both impresses and pleases.
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in avocado. Yield: 14 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Bloody-Mary Seafood Cocktail in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p238
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bloody-Mary Seafood Cocktail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review