Bloody Mary Recipe
Horseradish makes this Bloody Mary special. Without the horseradish, you'll have a more traditional drink, and without the alcohol, you'll have a Virgin Mary. Serve with a stalk of celery, dill pickle spear or even green olives.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 cup tomato juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Celery rib, pickle spear, green and ripe olives, cucumber slice and/or cocktail shrimp
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Place remaining ice in a highball glass; set aside.
- Add the vodka, juices, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish if desired, celery salt, pepper and pepper sauce to shaker; cover and shake for 10-15 seconds or until condensation forms on outside of shaker. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish as desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Bloody Mary in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2007
Reviews for Bloody Mary
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014