Bloodshot Eyeballs Recipe
Your party guests will be pleasantly surprised to find that these aren't eyeballs at all—they're yummy peanut butter balls! Little ghouls will find them fun to eat. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 24 brown Reese's pieces or milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and butter. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt white candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Immediately press a Reese's candy onto the top of each eyeball for pupil. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the water, food coloring and remaining confectioners' sugar. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe wavy lines downward from pupil, creating the look of bloodshot eyes. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC