Blood-Orange Pomegranate Sorbet
When guests set eyes on this ruby-red dessert, they'll know they're in for a treat. It's the perfect ending for a hearty wintertime meal. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 8 medium blood oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of
- the oranges. Strain and discard pulp. In a small saucepan, combine
- the sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice mixture, pomegranate juice
- and orange liqueur. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds
- full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with orange slices and
- pomegranate seeds. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 225 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.