Blood-Orange Pomegranate Sorbet Recipe
- 8 medium blood oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of the oranges. Strain and discard pulp. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice mixture, pomegranate juice and orange liqueur. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with orange slices and pomegranate seeds. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Blood-Orange Pomegranate Sorbet(2)
Sort By :
Sounds like a winner to me. Can't wait to try it. To get the seeds out of a Pomegranate just cut in half croswise, take a wooden spoon and hit the outside several times. They will all pop out. Do the same with the other half. Enjoy!!!
I love sorbets and would really like to try this recipe, but I do not have an ice cream maker. Is it possible to make this in the freezer and then put it in the blender?