- 8 medium blood oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of the oranges. Strain and discard pulp. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice mixture, pomegranate juice and orange liqueur. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with orange slices and pomegranate seeds. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Blood-Orange Pomegranate Sorbet
"Its really really REALLY good. I love the blood oranges and the zest especially. The addition of the pomegranate seeds I think is a must."
"Sounds like a winner to me. Can't wait to try it. To get the seeds out of a Pomegranate just cut in half croswise, take a wooden spoon and hit the outside several times. They will all pop out. Do the same with the other half. Enjoy!!!"
"I love sorbets and would really like to try this recipe, but I do not have an ice cream maker. Is it possible to make this in the freezer and then put it in the blender?"