Blood oranges give this curd a unique color. Use it as a substitute for lemon curd.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated blood orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Red food coloring, optional
- Gingersnap cookies
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, orange juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Transfer to a small bowl and tint with food coloring if desired. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with cookies. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Blood Orange Curd in Taste of Home 201 Jams, Jellies, Pickles & More RLT 2015 2015, p178
Reviews for Blood Orange Curd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review