Blondies with Chips Recipe
My friends and family encouraged me to enter my blonde brownie recipe in this contest. They love this pared-down version of the classic snack and never suspect that I use whole wheat flour. —Kai Kupinski of Canton, Michigan
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
One bar equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC