Blondies with Chips
My friends and family encouraged me to enter my blonde brownie recipe in this contest. They love this pared-down version of the classic snack and never suspect that I use whole wheat flour. —Kai Kupinski of Canton, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk the egg, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One bar equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,