- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blondies with Chips
"My family is used to the "wheat flour flavor" so was not an issue. I did find they were a little dry, and I might try adding a little something "extra" to give them some moisture. Otherwise, was good for a "diabetic" friendly recipe I am trying out for a man that goes to my church."
"I made this recipe several times and love the fact that there is only 17 g carbs per bar. They are a healthy alternative when the chocolate cravings creep up on you."
"I thought these were great as is, loved the nutty-chocolate taste the wheat flour gave it."
"The wheat flour gave a strong wheat taste to it. I took the advice & added ice cream & carmel which I'm sure didn't keep this light, but helped drown out the strong wheat taste. The family didn't care for this receipe. I won't make again as recipe states, mmaybe all white flour would help."
"Made them twice, first time as directed except used Peanut butter & milk chocolate chips. Batter is very thick. They are good but needed something extra. The second time made as the first time but added just 1 tablespoon of milk so the batter was not as thick; after baking drizzled Caramel Chocolate Sauce over the top right after coming out of the oven. Next time might try just a caramel topping sauce drizzled over the top."
"Easy to make; had all the ingredients; but did not serve them. Bland and boring. Not a keeper, IMO."