Blondie Nut Bars Recipe
Looking for a sweet treat that will travel well over the holidays? These delicious bars are moist, chewy, filling, and chock-full of nuts, chocolate chips and rich flavor. What's not to love? —Lori Phillips, Corona, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, butter, coffee granules and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in the almonds, walnuts and chocolate chips (batter will be stiff).
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 224 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC