Looking for a sweet treat that will travel well over the holidays? These delicious bars are moist, chewy, filling, and chock-full of nuts, chocolate chips and rich flavor. What's not to love? —Lori Phillips, Corona, California
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, butter, coffee granules and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in the almonds, walnuts and chocolate chips (batter will be stiff).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Blondie Nut Bars in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p35
Reviews for Blondie Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review