- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, butter, coffee granules and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in the almonds, walnuts and chocolate chips (batter will be stiff).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blondie Nut Bars
Sort By :
I have made these twice...once when it was first published in the magazine and this weekend. When I made them the first time, I left myself a note to make with less nuts. So this time, I changed it up a bit and used 1-1/2 cups of pecans (no almonds or walnuts) and used dark chocolate chips. They taste very good, not overly sweet, but my center bars did not cook all the way through even after cooking them over the 30 minutes and they were definitely brown on top. Still, we liked them gooey in the middle!
Absolutely delicious! I made these at Christmas time and gave to my co-workers and they all loved them, too. The coffee granules really add a rich flavor. I'm making these again for Easter! :)