Blonde Brownies Recipe
My family has enjoyed these bars as a potluck dessert, brown-bag treat and anytime snack many times throughout the years. Butterscotch or peanut butter chips can be used in place of the chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 144 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Blonde Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC