Blond Toffee Brownies Recipe
Whenever my co-worker brought these brownies to company bake sales, they sold in minutes. After getting the recipe from her, I was happy to discover how quickly they could be thrown together. I was even more excited when my family said that the thin chewy bars are the best they've ever tasted. -Mary Williams Lancaster, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC