- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and chopped candy bars; press gently into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blond Butterscotch Brownies
Sort By :
"I may have cooked them too long as the edges were a bit crunchy.. upgraded this to 5 stars, as I think they actually got better the next day!... Delicious!"
"I love blond brownies and these sound so good! We are not Heath bar fans is there another candy bar to substitute? Would it be too much chocolate to use a Hershey bar?"
"Used milk chocolate chips instead of chunks of chocolate and this was fantastic. I will be making these to take camping all summer long!"