Blond Butterscotch Brownies Recipe
Toffee and chocolate dot the golden brown batter of these fudge-like brownies. “I do a lot of cooking for the police officers I work with, and they always line up for these delicious bars,” writes Jennifer Ann Sopko from Battle Creek, Michigan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and chopped candy bars; press gently into batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC