Blond Butterscotch Brownies
Toffee and chocolate dot the golden brown batter of these fudge-like brownies. “I do a lot of cooking for the police officers I work with, and they always line up for these delicious bars,” writes Jennifer Ann Sopko from Battle Creek, Michigan.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until
- smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined (batter will
- be thick).
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and chopped candy bars; press gently
- into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium,