We have a lot of church socials and I'm always looking for something new and different to prepare. These brownies, drizzled with a sweet maple sauce, are a sure hit…with or without the ice cream. —Pat Parker, Chester, South Carolina
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- MAPLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the sauce, combine syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Cut brownies into squares; cut in half if desired.
- Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream. Top with sauce; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Blond Brownies a la Mode in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p27
Reviews for Blond Brownies a la Mode
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review