Blond Brownie Nut Squares
These moist, rich bars get a small but satisfying crunch from pecans.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and
- mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.