Blond Brownie Nut Squares Recipe
These moist, rich bars get a small but satisfying crunch from pecans.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
1 brownie equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC