- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and celery; cook, uncovered, until tender. Stir in the soup, tomato paste and ketchup; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon into a large roaster. Stir in the beans, brown sugar and mustard. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: about 25 servings.
Reviews for Block Party Beans
"I learned this recipe from a family friend and instead of two lbs of ground beef,try 1 lb of ground beef and 1 tube of Jimmie Dean Sausage (I use Sage but you can whatever suits your family), I promise you won't be sorry!!"
"Loved this one!"
"I first made this many years ago for a large family gathering. It was in a sample Reminisce magazine I got in the mail. It is so good; everyone raves about it and yet it is not at all difficult to make. A real winner."
"I made this yesterday again. It is a really great recipe for a large crowd, that really sticks to you stomach. Makes a lot of food for a big crowd. Yummy. Two thumbs up!"
"I love this recipe. I get compliments every time I make it. I add sausage and it gives it great flavor."