- 32 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate curls and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolates and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For peanut butter mousse, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, heat the cream, peanut butter and sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in gelatin mixture. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 15 minutes or until cold and thickened. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- For garnish, in a microwave, melt chocolate. Drizzle over cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blissful Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cheesecake
"This was excellent, but really, with ingredients like this, how could it not be! Made it for a Christmas gathering, and everyone loved it!"
"recipe need to be more clear on when to put on the moose. Do you put on the moose while it cools or cool it then put the moose on. Thanks!!"