When I think of this specialty cheesecake, three words come to mind: "decadent," "fun" and "delicious. One bite and I think you'll agree this dessert is pure bliss. —Julie Ruble, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 32 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate curls and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolates and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For peanut butter mousse, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, heat the cream, peanut butter and sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in gelatin mixture. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 15 minutes or until cold and thickened. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- For garnish, in a microwave, melt chocolate. Drizzle over cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blissful Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p140
Reviews for Blissful Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review