Blending sour cream and cottage cheese-ingredients traditionally associated with blintzes-into the batter of these pancakes provides them with their old-fashioned flavor. Top the family favorites with berry syrup to turn an ordinary morning into an extraordinary day.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Strawberry or blueberry syrup
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the sour
- cream, cottage cheese and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle in batches; turn
- when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden
- brown. Serve with syrup and strawberries if desired.
- Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: Two pancakes (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream, fat-free cottage cheese and 1 cup egg substitute; calculated without syrup or strawberries) equals 184 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 gm fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.