Blending sour cream and cottage cheese-ingredients traditionally associated with blintzes-into the batter of these pancakes provides them with their old-fashioned flavor. Top the family favorites with berry syrup to turn an ordinary morning into an extraordinary day.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Strawberry or blueberry syrup
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle in batches; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and, if desired, strawberries. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Blintz Pancakes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p31
Reviews for Blintz Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review