- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Strawberry or blueberry syrup
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle in batches; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Blintz Pancakes
Sort By :
"Thought this recipe was awesome. I did add a little almond flavoring and nutmeg, as suggested, but feel it would have been just fine on it's own, too."
"I decided to make these in a pinch. I only had lite ricotta and light sour cream. and they tasted just like the original. You do have to add a bit of milk because cottage cheese is more wet than ricotta."
"Delicious as made exactly to recepie"
"these are the absolute favorite in my family and with our friends. people literally beg me to make it for them. love it."
"I have been using this recipe for many years and just love the flavor and texture. Love them with fresh blueberry sauce. I have sub'ed 1/4 flour for almond flour and added a 1/2 teas. of almond flavoring."