Blender Egg Custard
Egg custard is an old Southern recipe. I think this one is foolproof and also quick and easy--just blend, pour into a pie plate and bake. I always have these staples on hand, so I can make this delicious custard at a moment's notice.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and process until
- well blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325°
- for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8