Blender Bran Muffins
Bananas complement the hearty whole wheat flavor of these moist muffins. Using a blender to mix the ingredients makes them fun and fast, notes Frances Ward of St. Louis, Missouri.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups All-Bran
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Cut bananas into quarters; place in a blender. Add the next seven
- ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Blend in cereal. Stir
- in raisins if desired. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill
- half full. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test
- done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: Paper-lined muffin cups are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin (prepared without raisins) equals 124 calories, 233 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 starch.