Blender Bran Muffins Recipe
Bananas complement the hearty whole wheat flavor of these moist muffins. Using a blender to mix the ingredients makes them fun and fast, notes Frances Ward of St. Louis, Missouri.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups All-Bran
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Cut bananas into quarters; place in a blender. Add the next seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Blend in cereal. Stir in raisins if desired. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blender Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p22
Reviews for Blender Bran Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review