Blended Pineapple Chai Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 chai-flavored black tea bags
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine water and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Add tea bags. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Place the tea, ice, milk and honey in a blender. Cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 114 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC