Blend of the Bayou Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, cook and stir cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Stir in shrimp, crab, soup, rice, mushrooms, garlic salt, pepper sauce, cayenne and cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup equals 366 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.