Blend of the Bayou Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until melted and smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Stir in the shrimp, crab, soup, rice, mushrooms, garlic salt, pepper sauce, cayenne and reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blend of the Bayou(9)
Sort By :
If you like seafood you will like this one. It was very easy to make and has lots of spice.
Recipe calls for the entire container of cream cheese, if make again will only add 1/2 b/c just tasted entirely like cream cheese & was bland so had to add a LOT of hot sauce, also will try using imitation crab & will leave out the canned mushrooms-didn't need to be there since didn't add anything to the taste
This was pretty tasty, but not worth the price to make. I'd rather use my crab in crab cakes and my shrimp in Thai Shrimp and Noodles (an amazing Taste of Home recipe... Look it up!).
This is a delicous dish! Creamy and comforting on a winter night. I am not a fan of crab and substitued imitation crab which is also a lot less expensive. Also, I added a bit more rice.
This was a great recipe! Seafood market didn't have crabmeat, so I substituted scallops. Also added andouille sausage. It was the best new recipe I've tried lately. Thanks!