Bleeding Heart Brie
This impressive appetizer is simple to prepare and requires simple ingredients, too. The cherries add a new twist to baked brie and provide a sweet contrast to the salty cheese and pastry.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Unroll crescent dough; divide into two squares. Seal seams and
- perforations. Cut off corners from each square, forming two circles;
- discard scraps. Place one circle on a greased baking sheet; top with
- cheese. Spoon preserves over the top. Bring edges of dough up around
- sides of cheese. Top with remaining dough circle, pressing to seal
- edges. Brush top and sides with egg.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before serving with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer