Bleeding Heart Brie
This impressive appetizer is simple to prepare and requires simple ingredients, too. The cherries add a new twist to baked brie and provide a sweet contrast to the salty cheese and pastry.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent dough; divide into two
- squares. Seal seams and perforations. Cut off corners from each
- square, forming two circles; discard scraps. Place one circle on a
- greased baking sheet; top with cheese. Spoon preserves over the top.
- Bring edges of dough up around sides of cheese. Top with remaining
- dough circle, pressing to seal edges. Brush top and sides with egg.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before
- serving with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer