- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the toffee bits and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Add food coloring to frosting; spread over the bars. Cut into diamond shapes. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blarney Stone Bars(7)
Sort By :
it was good
These bars were really good. Not by themselves, but with the frosty made them really good.
These are so delish! I haven't made them myself, but I found the recipe for a coworker and she has made them twice now--superb! The texture and flavors combine to make a very satisfying dessert--you won't even miss the chocolate! FYI, she doubles the recipe and uses her own recipe for the icing.
This recipe was very good. I used skor toffee bits instead of English toffee bits. It worked well. The cookies were moist and din't last long.
These were easy and great tasting.