Blarney Stone Appetizer Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Add the spinach, soup, eggs, mushrooms, crumbs, feta cheese, oregano, basil, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blarney Stone Appetizer
Sort By :
This was soooo good! We omitted the mushrooms since my husband does not like them.
I chopped the spinach up pretty fine to make it easier to cut the squares and doubled the feta. Everyone loved it at the St. Patrick's day party.