Blarney Breakfast Bake Recipe
I got this recipe from my mom, and I used it when I served an Irish brunch to my neighbors for St. Patrick's Day. —Kerry Barnett-Amundson, Ocean Park, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC