- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Blarney Breakfast Bake
Sort By :
"This was fantastic and awesome! Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/08/25/blarney-breakfast-bake/"
"Hi Kobmob,Because this recipe uses day old bread, preparing it the night before should be fine. Just be sure to cover it tightly.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Can this be made the night before and cooked in the morning?"
"This was delicious and very moist and fluffy! I changed the bake time to an hour and five minutes at 375?."
"It was good. Next time I would add peppers too."