- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Blarney Breakfast Bake
Sort By :
"It was good. Next time I would add peppers too."
"Blarney breakfast was a dream to make and so delicious!Diane HigginsTampa, FL"
"Substituted ground turkey for the pork."
"I have this same recipe, except for the tomatoes. I use a jar of salsa. It is delicious and can be made Weight Watcher friendly very easily. Love it and make whenever I have company."
"I haven't tried the recipe, but I wonder about substituting turkey links instead of pork sausage and using am egg substitute. I wonder if in future recipes where healthy substitures can be used, you would would show that, too. Thanks"