Blarney Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Blarney Breakfast Bake(9)
Sort By :
It was good. Next time I would add peppers too.
Blarney breakfast was a dream to make and so delicious!
Substituted ground turkey for the pork.
I have this same recipe, except for the tomatoes. I use a jar of salsa. It is delicious and can be made Weight Watcher friendly very easily. Love it and make whenever I have company.
I haven't tried the recipe, but I wonder about substituting turkey links instead of pork sausage and using am egg substitute. I wonder if in future recipes where healthy substitures can be used, you would would show that, too. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Irish Recipes >