- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 potato dinner rolls, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; refrigerate until assembling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Brush peaches with butter. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Grill rolls, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut peaches and rolls into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and brown sugar; stir in bread cubes. Spoon into 12 well-greased, disposable aluminum muffin cups. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
- Grill, covered, over indirect high heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads at least 160°. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing. Serve with caramel syrup and, if desired, whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blackout Peachy Bread Pudding in Grill It Bookazine 2016, pn
Reviews for Blackout Peach Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review