Try serving the spicy fillets with garlic mashed potatoes, hot, crusty bread and a crisp salad to lure in your crew. This is what my family eats when we want to celebrate. —Brenda Williams, Santa Maria, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Add fillets, two at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 189 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon