Blackened Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, thyme, lemon-pepper, cayenne and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, water, vinegar and remaining sugar, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 1 cup for serving. Save remaining sauce for basting.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 704 calories, 62 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,465 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Blackened Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.