Blackened Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, thyme, lemon-pepper, cayenne and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, water, vinegar and remaining sugar, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 1 cup for serving. Save remaining sauce for basting.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 704 calories, 62 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,465 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Blackened Chicken
"So good! My new favorite recipe. Slice it up and put on salad!!"
"Excellent! This one definitely a keeper! Can't wait to make it again!!!"
"My family really enjoyed this tasty recipe! Even my husband, who isn't crazy about spicy food , loved this because the sauce helped to diminish the heat. Our grill wasn't working so I broiled it in the oven for 6 mins each side and it was perfect. I will definitely make this one again!"
"When I made this for the first time my husband raved about it. This is his first request when I ask what he would like for dinner. The sauce mellows the heat from the spices. We baste once we flip the breast once. I used miracle whip instead of mayo added a little sweetness. Leftovers are great on salad for lunch the next day."
"This has an incredible flavor. You need to like heat though. I did not use the basting sauce because it just didn't sound appealing to me. I do not like vinegar at all, and I figured it would be overwhelming. I could be wrong, but I still didn't try it. :( I will definitely make this chicken again!! We loved it!"
"A lot of ingredients compared to how I usually cook for sake of time, but well worth it. Basting the chicken while cooking really helped keep it moist."
"The spices on the chicken were pretty good but I didn't care for the mayo vinegar sauce ... next time ill skip that part."
"omg this is awesome-spicy chicken mellowed out with that wonderful Alabama Barbecue Sauce."
"I made a large batch of the spices and keep it in the cupboard, so it's easier to make often. However, I don't baste the chicken during cooking. I simply use the sauce as a dipping sauce."
"We LOVE, LOVE, LOVEthis recipe and always make it."
"I would put this on a weekly menu rotation for my new family. :) Jim loved it."
"I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could!!! So good and moist."
"We all LOVED this. Super easy - about 30 min. max to put together. We have made it 3 times since. Love those easy recipes for a busy mom!"
"This is one of very few dinners that my whole family really enjoys. We look forward to it again and again."
"This is a AWSOME recipe! I loved the flavors in it. I served this with grilled corn on the cob. I will make this again for sure!"
"my husband and 5 year old son loved this! We made it for Father's Day and it is one we will make again!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.