- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup salad dressing of your choice
- Combine the seasonings; rub over chicken. Broil or grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange the salad greens, tomatoes and red pepper. Slice chicken; place over salad. Top with croutons and dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Blackened Chicken Salad
"Yummm. I've been going through old issues and had this one marked to try. Glad I did. I switched the sweet red pepper for avocado and used ranch but caesar would be good too."
"Excellent recipe, I used ranch dressing whichI think was perfect with the spicy chicken"