"I'm always in need of quick recipes," says Tanya Brady from Montague, Michigan. "I like to serve this healthy salad with garlic cheese bread and peanut butter cookies for dessert." TIP: Tanya stirs up a big batch of the seasoning rub and keeps it on hand, so she can start this salad in no time.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup salad dressing of your choice
- Combine the seasonings; rub over chicken. Broil or grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange the salad greens, tomatoes and red pepper. Slice chicken; place over salad. Top with croutons and dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blackened Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p48
Reviews for Blackened Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review