Blackened Chicken and Beans Recipe
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the beans, corn and salsa to the pan; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackened Chicken and Beans
Sort By :
Love this easy recipe. I butterfly two chicken breasts then cut them in half to cut the cooking time. Any leftovers I use in a quesadilla with cheese. Yum.
I couldn't believe how quick and easy this dinner was. I used can mexican corn instead of frozen, chicken strips instead of breasts, and fresh salsa from my Publix deli department. Really good and perfect for a night when you need to get dinner on the table quick.
I thought this sounded good but might be lacking in flavor so I made a few additions. I added 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 diced white onion, 1 piece of chopped bacon for flavor, and 2 mushrooms sliced.
I sauteed the bacon first then put on a plate to drain. Then I browned the chicken on both sides and transfered to plate. I Then sauteed the onion, garlic, and mushroom.
Add remaining ingredients and return bacon and chicken to pan and simmer for 10 minutes. I also garnished with a little lite sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro. This was delicious! My husband loved it!
Although, many people like this recipe, I really didn't like it. If you don't really like chilly powder and a lot of beans, you won't like it that much. I thought the salsa would be good, but I guess you really have to like beans to like it.
Quick fix indeed! I doubled the bean mixture and used medium salsa. Served with a side salad, as recommended, and it was a delicious, fast meal after a busy day.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >