Blackened Cajun Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon each paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, ground cumin, dried thyme and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1. Combine all seasonings. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; rub with half of the seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared without added salt) equals 268 calories, 110 mg sodium, 96 mg cholesterol, 12 g carbohydrate, 38 g protein, 8 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Blackened Cajun Chicken
"My husband and I loved it and will make this again for sure, I'd say it was a med on the hot scale."
"Awful. Way too much cumin and onion powder."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.