- 1 tablespoon each paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, ground cumin, dried thyme and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Combine all seasonings. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; rub with half of the seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Blackened Cajun Chicken
Sort By :
My husband and I loved it and will make this again for sure, I'd say it was a med on the hot scale.
Awful. Way too much cumin and onion powder.