Light, and luscious, this attractive trifle from Arlyn Kramer of Dumas, Arkansas is an impressive way to use blackberries. Special enough for company, no one will guess how easy it is to put together with instant pudding and prepared pound cake.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake, cubed
- 4 cups frozen or fresh unsweetened blackberries
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. In a 2-qt. trifle dish or deep glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the berries and half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Trifle in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p52
Reviews for Blackberry Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review