- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup blackberry brandy
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place sponge cakes on serving plates. Top each with three blackberries. Place remaining blackberries in a food processor; process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds and pulp.
- Transfer puree to a small saucepan. Stir in brandy and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Pour over berries. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry-Topped Sponge Cakes in Country Woman June/July 2013, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry-Topped Sponge Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review