Blackberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onion and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 116 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Blackberry Spinach Salad
"Interesting flavor combination."
"Hands down best for taste and texture spinich salad I have ever made. Everyone that has had it agree."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, it is light and refreshing, I also added mandarin oranges"
"Very yummy salad - lots of flavour and actually quite filling when a bit of grilled chicken is added on top."
"I was looking for a salad with some unusual ingredients and this recipe caught my attention. It was a hit. I made it for a company of 10 people and everybody loved it! I forgot to add green onions but the salad was outstanding without them. Will make it again."