Mary Lou Timpson of Centennial Park, Arizona, says, “this simple salad is a delicious combination of nutritious ingredients, including fresh spinach, blackberries, tomatoes and walnuts. A sprinkling of feta cheese and a flavorful homemade dressing make it seem like you really fussed.”
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onion and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p29
Reviews for Blackberry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review