Smoothies are a creamy treat and will get you going in the morning, too. I like to combine berries, yogurt, orange juice and honey. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- Additional blackberries and yogurt, optional
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses;
- serve immediately. Top with additional blackberries and yogurt if
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.