- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 3 inches)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place fruit and cinnamon stick in a sterilized pint jar. Bring vinegar just to a boil; pour over fruit, leaving ¼-in. headspace. Center lid on jar; screw on band until fingertip tight. Refrigerate for 1 week.
- Strain vinegar mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into another sterilized pint jar. Press solids to extract juice; discard remaining fruit.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. Stir into vinegar mixture; shake well. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. To use: Add 1-2 tablespoons to a glass of ice. If desired, add 1-2 ounces liquor of choice; top with club soda. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Blackberry Shrub in Modern Comfort 2016
Reviews for Blackberry Shrub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review